View Single Post
Old July 24, 2011, 08:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Why are we brining in Ian Pont into commenting about what Lawson said or assessed? Ian is a well wisher for Bangladesh cricket and no reason to drag him into the controversy.. Once upon a time, Viv Richards called Alok Kapali a true gem, other great players called him a rare talented player, Steve Waugh was impressed by Hannan Sharker, Rajin surprised many Guru during his Pakistan Test.. do we go back and for their comments now?

Ian mentioend time and time again that Rubel and Shafiul needs many time to master their art. Heck, they wnt even try that butterfly ball that they taught him because they were afraid to get blasted... So Lawson validates that theory. He mentions that Rubel needs time and has to work on his actions... He wasnt really really impressed with any player to single out a Mohammed Amer or Kamer Roach.. and thats what it is. Heck even India couldnt find their next Kapil Dev or even Zahir Khan yet.

True fast bowlers of Waquar Yunus, Ian Botham, Glen McGrath, Wasim Akram, Malcom Marshall are born once in every other decades,, Some of us are fortunate to seee players like Wasim or Waqar bowl ( specially at Dhaka stadium) but the fact is, there are no genuine legendary pace bowlers in making right now in any international team. The closest one I couldve thought of was Lasith Malinga or Dale Styen but I dont think they will become likes of Wasim or Andy Roberts due to their injuries and T20 wear outs..

The fact that none of our Academy players impressed Lawson that much is not news to me because no other Academy has such talent right now unless we see few in the upcoming U19 world cup
Top post