View Single Post
Old July 25, 2011, 12:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
‘I have noticed that they [national players] have a tendency of not covering their off-stamp. That might be because of the sub-continent wickets though I can’t comment as I haven’t seen enough of them,’ Campbell told New Age on Sunday.

‘In the first week when I was here the players just played without covering the off-stamp and most of them nicked in the second slip.

I sincerely hope that when it comes to appointing national coaches, that the BCB actually recognize it is understanding how to improve basic skills like this that a coach needs to implement, and not a 'leave it alone' approach. I am unsure just how many more signs we all need to keep on proving that.
\\

I would actually ask, why would the national coach be fixing that type of basic things? Wouldnt it be rather coach like Cambell or Lawson of the Academy, U19 etc. fix them? At the national level, we would rather want players to exploit their skills or master the variety of attacks. Granted, we have to accept where we are but I think we definitely need to hire more technical coaches at the age group level, let them apply that skill at the First Class matches.. That is the only way we can have a solid squad of technically sound players.

Having to fix national players technical flaws ruined whatever strategy Jamie Siddons couldve brought in to the team when he joined. Or he shouldve hired as a batting coach.. but thats a different discussion.