View Single Post
Old August 3, 2011, 12:01 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

^Indeed R-bhai. Good one by US. Credit must be given where it's due; one of the better interviews I have read.

Quotable among:

Quote:
বিরতিটা আসার আগে ৬ টেস্টে আপনার ৩টি সেঞ্চুরি, ৯ টেস্টে ৪টি সেঞ্চুরি ও ৬টি ফিফটি—এটা নিশ্চয়ই নিজের সামর্থ্য সম্পর্কে আত্মবিশ্বাস দিয়েছে?
তামিম: আমি নিজেকে এমন ভাবতে না পারলে এটি হতো না। নিজেকে কিছু মনে করতে হবে। নিজেকে যদি ছোট মনে করেন, আপনি ভাববেন, বাবা রে বাবা, ব্রড-অ্যান্ডারসন বল করছে। নিজেকে কিছু মনে করলে ভাববেন, ও ব্রড, তাতে কী, আমি তামিম ইকবাল। শচীন টেন্ডুলকার নিজেকে টেন্ডুলকার মনে না করলে টেন্ডুলকার হতে পারত না।
Many people, I don't know because of cultural factors, mistake cockiness with confidence or self-abasement with humility. You NEED to have certain image of yourself in mind, your uberself, that inspires and boosts you.

They say, Torpedo, the swimmer used to listen to Lil Wayne and Wentworth Miller has Eminem in their ipod. Of course, many people consider their songs to be ego-boosting but certain level of haughtiness is a necessary evil in a person to surmount the insurmountable. When one reaches of "Sahabi" then humility comes automatically.

Amare lathi ushta marbe aar ami fal fal kore hashbo? Not even Dalai Lama. All those who like to bash our players for arrogance, my pray: Give them some latitude. Give them some window to grow. They are adults; they don't need to be on leash by 3rd party. It's a cultural stigma imo, but it's destructive.

/endrant