View Single Post
Old February 8, 2005, 07:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Originally posted by radicalsami

IF a war was to start with Bangladesh The Air force wudnt stand a chance anyhow... I always believed that Bangladesh doesnt need to bolster their armed forces... we have a lot of other sectors that cud use the money
I am tempted to copy/paste one of my posts in another thread here:

I find very few people who raise the question about if a country like Bangladesh with very low GDP and an unstable economic structure really have the luxury to rear and feed a huge standing army/navy/air force. Trust me if you were in Bangladesh and uttered a single word against the necessity of such a sterile military force, your voice would be severely cut off by the media and both the ruling and opposition parties. Its only because both the parties need the standing army and its support to grab the state mechanism. In a semi-feudal pre-capitalist country like Bangladesh, democracy is what the bureaucracy and standing army want, and who they want to see in the government. No wonder why the budget in education and agriculture sectors are cut short in every fiscal year to feed and upbring this huge unproductive toothless army.

What we really need is the compulsary and mandetory military training to every single Bangladeshi youth, which seems will never be implemented in the long run in Bangladesh. *sigh*