View Single Post
Old August 14, 2011, 11:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
I haven't given up on Riyad yet and still see him as a future Captain for Bangladesh. But the boy has got to drive out of Sissyville, Siddons sent him there, and perform his way up to number 4 in tests and ODIs. He has batted like the batsman he can be as recently as the post WC tour of Australia, especially when Shagor and I watched him bat up the order from the stands, and can do it again.

He bowls better in tandem with Shakib and knows how to use favorable conditions to get wickets. That being said, his fielding has gone to shite.
Riyad's bowling has been very good. Much better then Razzak's leg side boundary ball garbage. Shakib should really have Riyad bowling a lot more. With proper backing he could be more then a handful with the ball.

I heard that Riyad is reluctant to bat at #4 though. I heard that he prefers to bat at #5 but since Shakib bats there, he then has to bat at #6/7 then. I think like you said he has to bat his way up. I think it's time that Shakib puts his hand up and bats at #4. I mean since he's in the middle while the team is collapsing, might as well come in earlier rather then later. Plus he's shown he our best batsman in rotating the strike which is what we need at #4.