View Single Post
Old August 28, 2011, 08:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I think we are over reacting a bit here. If you look at our test performance over the past 2 years, you will a very promising upward trend, instead of losing a game on the 3rd day we have pushed the top 2 test teams to the 5th day multiple times. We went to New Zealand and played till the 5th day, compare this to a time when we used to jump in joy when we reached 200 in New Zealand.

Understandably our bowling needs to be sharpened, but I think our test batting has improved significantly under Jamie Siddons[hence why I loved that guy] and if we can keep that up we will be drawing tests at home against any opponent. It will start with drawing at home, then drawing away, then winning at home and then winning away. It's still a long journey, but I guess we have started now.

And before everyone jumps on and brings the Zim test into the arguement, I see the Zim test[and the tour] as an outlier. Poor preparation and undermining the opponent cost us hugely here. However despite the new found life of Zimbabwe, i would still back Bangladesh to beat Zim 4 times out of 5 in any condition.