View Single Post
Old September 5, 2011, 08:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Finally we have successfully established that we dont even want a player to be captain who gets selected in the final 11 without any doubt. In our short journey of test cricket, Shakib was the only player who was an automatic choice in any format. By far he is also the only player whose performance was not degraded with the burden of captaincy. He has not only performed well for the contry but also proved himself abroad where he made himself worthy to be picked in the first 11 for KKR and get a second season call from county. Even mash could not prove his worth with KKR (and better not to mention Ash and razzak). I know he has attitude problem, he cannot mix with everyone or have good relation with seniors specially selectors. But are we in a position to afford the luxury to select a captain with off field attitude? If we had 4-5 guys with shakib like on field performance, then i wound not mind, but now, i am afraid we are going back to old era where the captain will be selected in the final 11 not for performance but to officially lead the team.