View Single Post
Old September 5, 2011, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Regarding the Miami scandal, this is absolutely unacceptable for a collegiate program to be involved in such a terrible act. I really feel for Electriqiuem bhai. They let the fans down big time. I believe that the death penalty will be enacted on them so they send a message to the rest of the colleges to be smart.
All the talks about abortions, prostitution, etc etc ... they are some ridiculous over-the-top allegations. How credible is a guy who is facing 30+ year behind bars after he swindled people with BILLIONS of dollars?! Most of his allegations are completely and utterly baseless. Okay, so he has some pictures with former players and receipts for gas-fillups for his yacht ... BIG freakin' deal. Read here for more: http://eyeofthehurricane.net/wordpre...apiro-scandal/

NCAA has been investigating this for longer than we think... and they haven't found anything barring the hundreds of dollars some athletes were given in lieu of night club cover charges, free trips, etc etc. UMiami will be fine ... there's not going to be a death penalty. I will quote Coach Golden:

Quote:
"People trusted [this scumbag] enough to give him their life savings. That's how good this idiot was as a con man. He got smart, successful people in their 50s and 60s to hand over millions. Now we're asking why these 18- and 19-year-old players from an entirely different socio-economic background didn't turn him down when he offered them what, $170 for something?''
With all that behind us, I am pumped for tonight's showdown with the Terrapins. The beginning of the GOLDEN era. Finally, we've got a coach down here in Miami who gets it. Media is making a big deal about our suspended players. Sure, we are losing out one some key players for game 1 ... but never underestimate our depth. Conditioning this summer has been ruthless, and all this off-field drama has fueled us even more.