View Single Post
Old December 1, 2011, 08:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Batting against the currently #1 bowling team in the world was always going to be tough, particularly when our batting department has so many holes in it.

I say keep the same XI for the next match except drop Reza and Razzak: Bring in Nazmul Hossain and Elias Sunny. The reality is the batsmen will always be batsmen, you can't expect Shakib to bail you out EVERY match, Tamim as everyone knows always has an off game in every series(which is normal(so he will likely fail sometimes too barring that occasional 50+innings) and Rahim will have an off game here and there and today was one of those days.

Naeem and Riyad will not get the chop simply because Naeem played decent enough recently to not get the chop in the test series and had a 50 in the last ODI series. Riyad was on great form prior to getting ill right before the West Indies series. Nafees recently hit a first class century so he will not likely get the chop either as we are out of replacements for this format of the game.

I will keep the same XI except bring in Nazmul for Reza and Elias Sunny for Razzak! playing with an extra batsmen(Kayes) will not likely help us so this lineup makes sense to me!