View Single Post
Old December 2, 2011, 10:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Riyad should be stripped of vice-captaincy. He is not an auto-selection in any form of the game especially with the emergence of Nasir. SN should be kicked out permenantly. His 50s come in selfish causes. His last 50 v Australia came at a SR of 69 chasing 360. Naeem should be restricted to the Test team for now. And Nasir should be promoted up the order. Mominul I think is ready to be brought in to the team while Anamul and Asif need to be blooded with the A team for a year and then brought into the national team.
no disrespect but do you believe mominul is ready because of his performances on the recent A tour? did you actually get to see him play? his stats are pretty average tbf and i'm not trying to put the guy down or down grade his A team performances but i don't think it's fair to call him to the national team on a couple of good A team performances when he's not done much domestically, ahead of guys who weren't given the A team chance (not their fault) and have performed really well domestically.

anamul and asif have proven they can score consistently, this is something mominul is yet to prove. he got a 150 a 40 odd and a 20 odd in one tour, how do we know this isn't just one good tour for him? also the 150 is impressive but his other scores are really just the best of a bad bunch, it wasn't a high scoring tour for the BD A team.

mominul might be ready but i don't think we should get to excited over one tour at least not to the point where we dismiss the options of anamul and asif, besides anamul and asif are top 3 bastmen whereas mominul isn't and our main problem is the #2 and #3 spots.