View Single Post
Old December 2, 2011, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Mominul was the best batsman out of the 3 in the Academy team. He was extremely consistent in those matches especially in the 4 day matches. To me, I rate those performances higher then the NCL performances even though I do credit both Anamul and Asif for their consistent performances in the NCL. So I believe he does deserve to be in the conversation along with these 2.
To add to that Mominul was also one of the best batsmen in the Premier League last season playing for one of the weaker teams. Unfortunately those performances aren't counted as FC/List A . He was also one of the few players who impressed in the BCB cup before the WI series. It's not just his performances in the Caribbean that needs to be considered. Look at how the other batsmen performed in that tour tour especially the senior ones like Jahirul, Zunaed, Rokibul and Shuvagoto. He was head and shoulders above them. It's great that Anamul and Asif are performing in the NCL but NCL is nowhere near the level of A team/Academy cricket. Selecting them before they have even represented the A team would be a grave mistake.