View Single Post
Old January 1, 2012, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasibhussain
Hi Simon
I think Shakib should be our captain because:
1. He has the leadership trait. He believes in himself and can give confidence to others. I remember the body language we had during the NZ bangla wash series. It was the only time in our cricketing history I felt that the captain of our team was inspiring every one in the field to give more.
2. His understanding of the game of cricket is second to none in our team. His field placement and bowling changes are always positive and rational.
3. He leads by example.
4. He is getting the exposure from IPL and County that he can emulate here in Bangladesh.

Our team is more important than him and I believe that if we re assign him as our captain then he can help shape our cricket for this decade. Other wise the shaping will be done by the same fourth graders in BCB who puts their personal gain way ahead of the team at every occasion.

Hasib
I have always considered Shakib as a better bowler than Harbhajan and about giving back the captaincy to Shakib, I think that won't be a good idea. Shakib was under tremendous pressure when he was the captain. He is a outspoken guy and he always demanded what he thought is the best for the team to win matches. But we all know how corrupt and partial the BCB members are. Shakib jehetu omon tel diye cholte pare na so BCB er support o or jonno nai. The board, media all were against him and were overly critical about his each and every step which was effecting his performance as well. Now he doesn't have that pressure and he can concentrate only on his game which is more beneficial for our team I believe. And he is always trying to help Mushy in the field. We have seen that he is giving his suggestion to Mushy or inspiring the bowlers. And as Simon said Mushy just had 2 series. Let's give him few more chances then we can think about changing our captain.