View Single Post
Old January 26, 2012, 02:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
for what it's worth, here's my two cents:

There are other ways to look classy and appealing without sleeveless dress. Culturally we are conservative and jholmole shobuj hatkata jama reflects poor choice (p'aps wardrobe dept. to be blamed?)

She does speak good English but no need to be wannabe-Bollywood or Radio Foorti like RJ. (here comes chinaman_f)

So Salwar Kameez would've represented BD culture well and shown artistic taste instead of Western clothes.
Salwar Kameez is no more Bengladeshi 'culture' than Western dress. Mind you, I would have pegged you to be the last one to have criticized someone for their choice of dress. Yes, she spoke well both in English and Bengali but my quibble was with the fact that she spoke BOTH in the same sentence. And when she DID speak Bengali, the use of 'tumi' to address the players was a bit crass and inconsonant. While she did have a personality and tried to bring some energy into a morose group, it would have been better had they chosen someone who knew the rudiments of cricket or was at least familiar with the athletes present.