View Single Post
Old January 26, 2012, 12:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

awesome writing. Couple of thing I would like to add here. I heard this directly from player/management so don't ask me for sources. if you don't believe me that's fine.

1. Kenya tournament: mahindar dropped the best spinner from the final. (he was seen spending a lot of time in kenya tent as their coach was patil... also from india). We all know kenya had problem playing spinners and all the spinner did well in that match. but we didn't play the one that took the most wicket before that match.
2. He never came back to bd from the tournament. went straight to india and send the team report from there...
3. Ather refused to open the final after kenya making so many runs saying if he makes zero the ppl will kill him. it was bulbul's decision to go up and open the batting and he almost won the match. (i was very sad hearing this as Ather was my fav player).
4. We won against the UAE team cause after that KENAY tournament ICC made some rule changes as BD and some other ASSO protested. the new rule was that a country can take players only after some one was made citizen for that country at least for 5 years. during Kenya tournament UAE just got some players from india, pak and sl directly made/gave them citizen ship and put them in the tournament. after the rule change they were not strong team at all.
5. In the final Kenya vs BD for some reason Kenyan captain never closed his fielder as 1 needed out of 1. and later he was found taking money and was banned for other games. I always wondered why didn't a experience captain like him didn't ask his players to come close as 1 was needed...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught