Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
This is what i think:
- Discover new talent
- Good exposure for our players to play with some world class players
- Money influx
- Young players may get too hooked up with T20 than FC cricket
- FC Structure may be ignored to accommodate BPL
- BPL franchisee may have more power on BCB (in other word, BCB officials may be controlled by powerful BPL franchisee)
Results will depend on BCB officials. They can make BPL positive for our crickets Or, negative. If we consider both, then
- BCB may invest more in developing FC structure (stadium, pitch, players remuneration etc) with the earned money in BPL.
- Young players will be more confident and skillful.
- FC Structure will be as it is, BCB will now be more active with BPL and will be focused on expansion of BPL.
- Not many players will be available for FC rather they will be interested in DPL, BPL.
To add to this very good post from Naimul,
- Players outside the national team will earn a very good living which will encourage more people to take up cricket as a profession.
- Competition in the DPL and NCL will heat up as players will be desperate to book a place in the BPL teams.
- Bangladesh will become a global destination for the cricketers worldwide which will enhance our country's image. People are already taking note of the amount some of the big names have been auctioned for and all of a sudden, Bangladesh is not a dirty little poor country anymore.
- Money talks. Money talks good. You start to earn your dough from here, you will stop talking crap about here. All of a sudden, everyone will looove Bangladesh.
- The awe effect, if there is still any, will be fade off from our players mindset who in turn will start to command respect from their foreign counterpart. Only if they can match it with their onfield performance...
- If we can organize and manage few editions of BPL in a row, it will enhance our image as a good organizer on our own of big event of international standard.
- Players exposed to more international coaching, even for a shorter period of time.
Current bunch will feel the heat to pull up their socks.
- We might finally see the decentralisation of cricket. Each team will need to have their own base with training facilities.
My only fear is that the sustainability of the BPL. We are not good at that. One year big hoopla will not do any good.