View Single Post
Old February 9, 2012, 12:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
My Analysis with a Soccer spectrum:

I think this will eventually form.. Eventually, we will have players we like and follow them; Its like it will be Abahani and Mohammedan... Those of us who are above 30 will either support Mohammedan or Abahani or Brothers. but its hard for us to start supporting Sheikh Jamal or whatever new Sheikh teams that comes because we can't associate with them..

Its like if you liked Emperor Salahuddin, prolific Aslam,or magical Rumi ,, you supported blues and if you like Arambagher Monu's running, The wall Kaiser Hamid or 10 year-ahead-of-his-time-Shabbir,, you were the black-white tent; And if you symphatized Gafur Baluch, Wasim or Gopibagh, you were orange to the heart..We will start rooting for a team that has most of the players we like and when we actually start to see them play, we will group under the banner..if BPL continues, eventually the young generation will become the 80s Abahani-Mohammedan like supporters of Khulna, Rajshahi, Dhaka..

I will support Barisal Burners because I think they are like Wari, Arambagh or maybe Rohomotgonj- The Alternative Rock band...Dhaka Gladiators and Khulna Royals are like Mohammedan and Abahani who are most likely to win the cup.. Rajshahi is the Brothers Union And Chittagong Kings are like East Bengal or Mohanbagan club-- like I know them, good team yes but can't associate with them as closely
BJMC koi? Thanks for going back in the memory lane briefly.
Munna came later but won everything. Titles and heart. Ei bangla and opar bangla.