View Single Post
Old February 19, 2012, 09:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

My respect for shiv chanderpaul increased by miles with this innings of his. Here is a summary of things he got right yesterday.

1. He knew the wicket in chittagong is slow and the ball doesn't come to bat quite easily so he just worked the ball around and the knock that he played is an example of pure timing. We talk about the advantage of home condition but at times Bangladesh batting in chittagong seemed like the conditions were more alien to them than the guests.

2. He realized his strike rate wasn't upto par so he looked for singles, ran hard and was always rotating the strike. Till the very last ball.

It is so amazing to see the heat and the pressure of T20 not getting into him at all as he paced his innings such a sublime fashion, almost seemed cricket playing effortless. When I look at this innings I just wish do our boys see that and something goes in their head ? someone like ashraful who only knows how to feel "smart" by making yourself "stupid" in the field. I mean isn't it this the very thing we want to get out of BPL ? Youngsters watching the experienced and learning from them. I hope the dedicated ones closely watching these things.