View Single Post
Old February 24, 2012, 10:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Welcome back Sadi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
My take on Sylhet Royals:

1. Bad selection of foreign players. When every other teams have at least three well known overseas batsmen at the top order, Sylhet only have one. Teams are using local players smartly, playing at least two local SLAs. Sylhet is going in the opposite direction playing foreign bowlers like hogg, tanvir, keedy and trego while loading up on desi local batsmen. Collection of overseas player for Sylhet is quite laughable to be honest. Gary Keedy? Really? Raza Ali Dar? Great!!!

2. Captaincy. I don't understand why Alok would refuse the captaincy to begin with. It's an honor to lead your division when you are getting paid so much. Obviously, Law and Trego had very little idea of the local players they got and thus, failed to utilize them properly. A local captain would've helped.

Pathetic performance so far. I hope they learn from their mistakes and get some local advisors next time.
I thought I read somewhere Alok had rubbed his shoulder with the management before the tournament started. Salary issues surfaced in rumor mill.

I really liked Scott's response to Naeem. When team is losing you don't point fingers. Couple of 20s and he thinks he is a consistant performer.

By the way, Great win today!! Cherish it.

BCB needs to ban twitter accounts on all national players.