View Single Post
Old February 24, 2012, 03:06 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Default Sahara India creating New Dhaka

I don't know if it will be good or catastrophic. They are going to invest Rs. 80,000 crore in Bangladesh and create a whole new city. I am only providing the excerpts from a long article. It was published in reputed Times of India.
--------------------------------

Quote:
Sahara set to bag Rs 80,000 crore new Bangladesh capital project
Piyush Pandey & Shubham Mukherjee , TNN |
Feb 24, 2012, 06.29AM IST

The group, which has been in the news more for issues relating to cricket and acquisition of an iconic London hotel, has silently created a bigger game plan, which includes getting into diverse areas like education, retail, mining, oil exploration and banking. Besides, it also includes entering newer geographies such as Bangladesh and Africa. But at the centre of it all is a Rs 80,000-crore project to create a new capital of Bangladesh-New Dhaka-and a real estate development project spanning five different locations in that country, land for part of which it has already acquired.

Roy by his own admission is most passionate about the media business (he is also launching tablets) but he beams as we change direction towards Dhaka. "We are going into Bangladesh in a big way. I have finalized work of Rs 80,000 crore. It is a country, where we have lots to do. I have sent the proposal to the Bangladesh PM for the New Dhaka project and hope to meet her next month." He is not asking much from the government either . "Give us a sovereign guarantee and we will not need money. We have selected 40 sq km of land, 50 km from Dhaka and it is available to us. We will get the land, build our own structures and sell it," he said. Sahara, which has real estate assets worth Rs 85,000 crore (according to the Sahara web site), also built a hill station in Maharashtra from scratch--Amby Valley.

Apart from Bangladesh, Sahara is also scouting for mining and exploration assets in Africa....

Full article - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/12013626.cms
-----------------------

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by ammark; March 14, 2012 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: mod.misc: formatting. Avoid all bold.