View Single Post
Old March 5, 2012, 03:50 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

I wanted to add my thoughts about Anamul.

He is ready for international cricket in my opinion and should be allowed to play without any fear and flourish. With some continued work, he will undoubtedly be the national wicketkeeper at some stage and even if he doesn't keep wicket he is a huge asset in the field anyway as he is fast and has a great throwing arm.

He plays some great shots. Well executed. It's clear Anamul is more than a good prospect.

I spoke at length with him and said three things from me to him personally:

1. Don't be like the majority of players who get to the national team and think they have made it. Stay hungry for success.

2. Keep working hard at your skills and train hard. Don't look at some players who do as little as possible and think this is the way forward. Be your own man.

3. Don't chase money. Let money chase you. Play for the sheer thrill and love for the game and be humble. Never take the game for granted. People will look up to you and respect you if you do your very best.

If Anamul does these things I feel Bangladesh has a future star in their midst. He is young and it will take time. I just hope he gets the chances and people back him all the way. He was the best thing I saw in the BPL as a new talent. Now the development begins and those around him (friends, family and coaches) have a vital role in shaping his environment. Ultimately, it is all down to Anamul himself and from what I have seen and discussed with him, he definitely has it all.