View Single Post
Old March 5, 2012, 09:44 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Every other opponent of Putin got hardly single digit percentage of votes, which means without him Russia would be in another mess like days after Gorbachev. Though we hear there was vote rigging as well as strong opponent were barred from election, anyone knows bit in detail on this regard will be nice to know.

From Russia's perspective I think he is the one who brought back strong Russia in the world, her economy and her presence in international affairs. But huge corruption in the govt. and killed/missing journalists who criticize his policy and him is a big big concern. And if he stay in power for next 12 years ... I am not sure which way Russia will end up, good or bad, at the moment though, it seems he is the best choice.
Agreed.

In internal affairs, Russia is still a very volatile country and I don't expect any paradigm change in the offing.

But in international affairs, and in detente in the continuum of balance of power to regain her fair share in world power, dominance and resources like the past, Russia under Putin's leadership has been getting strong and stronger.