Originally Posted by Rabz
^^ What would you rather have ?
One extra bowler and expose the tail too early ??
It is a very tough call indeed.
I think its an easy decision . The lesser the bowlers against India , the better . No matter whom we have in our bowling arsenal or how many bowlers we have . No difference , India will score 250+.
They are great players of spin and this is not a fast bowlers pitch . So both ways we get hammered . This match is more of India Batting Vs Bangladesh Batting .
Since we cant match their superior batting skills , we have to
- field the best . Dive , jump and swim . Anything , but dont leak runs in the field .
- Bowl to a plan . Maintain line and length . No extras please.
- Gambhir Doesnt fancy off spin bowling . Get Nasir/Mullah right after the powerplays if Gambhir still there.
- Put Pressure on Tendu . I dont think he has been in a more pressurised situation in his career than this . Dravids retirement , His poor form , 99th century , bll bla . Bottom Line . Put slips , get fielders in catching positions and attack the stumps .
- Get a decent bowler to bowl at the death . Not Mashrafee 'panic' Mortaza.
- Fill the team with as many Batsman possible . We need to bat deep , as far as number 8.
I think BC needs to have a pre match thread , match thread and post match thread for a good analysis . What do you say mods/staff ?