View Single Post
Old April 3, 2012, 03:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
If the IPL wants a window within the international calendar then the other boards should demand that the foreign player cap is done away with or at the very least ensure that it is raised to six foreign players per XI.

You are missing the point. Any team can play up to eleven Indians if they want. The restriction is only on foreigners. And who are these players better than Tamim/Shakib that are being deprived of a team? Last time I saw the IPL the standard of some of the Indian players was terrible and you had international superstars sitting on the bench.
Actually you are missing the point let me tell you a scenario,
1.) Sponsor A from India did not able to buy a stake in IPL team but want to invest heavily in cricket team, sees an opportunity in BPL and buys a stake in a BPL team. If there is no foreign Cap do you honestly beleive any of the Bangladesh players will be selected? nope it will be filled with Indian players to cater for the Indian audience. Which is not the point of BPL .

Tamim and Sakhib is better than most youngsters playing in IPL, true. Al-though I support Sakhib, do you think would I be happy if a promising youngsters place is taken over by Sakhib, No. it will be the same with Bangladeshis which I have no problem with.
The youngsters will improve, that is why the cap is there.