View Single Post
Old March 14, 2005, 05:45 PM
Club Cricketer

Cisco Guy......

First of all I am not your "bud", it will perhaps be hard for you for but please desist from lowering me to your level.

Daily star may be popular but just because it is english it does not mean it is reputable. I gave you example of their anti-muslim stance (ahmadiya issue), you have provided no evidence to the contary other than marely stating your opinion.

I am going to come back with their pro-indian stance in a minute.

I want to explore your statement about religious fanaticism and its historical consequences.

The history of religious violence in the last 100 years in Bengal has been that of Hindus against Muslims. In most instances it has been the muslims in the receiving end. In the early part of 1900 within British Raj, Bengal was the most advanced region in the sub-continent. So sophisticated was its society that it was the only part of the entire non-white british empire with a functioning parliament. An option was available at that time or rather the british was willing to to cede further control so that self-autonomy and ultimately
sovereignity could be granted to Bengal as a state. The Hindus refused - reason they did not wish to live in a state where on balance muslim and hindus will about equal Power. Truth be told the money, political clout, access to the british was really the exclusive province of the hindues. yet they refused because approximately 50% of the population was to be muslim. This Hindu act against the Bengali national sprit saw the seeds of communalism ended forever bengal as an entity of any geo-political description.

Anti muslim actions by the Hindus continued in ernest - In the 20's the hindu's tried to block the creation of the Dhaka university on the basis that such a thing will facilitate Muslim education, hence would act against their hedgemony. through the 20's and 30's it was dhaka which saw the most inter-community riots in the entire sub-continent.

It was ppl like swarardy who united and organised the muslims to fight back culminating in the creation of pakistan.

People who you hate - Jamat -ul -Islam and its supporters represents the constituancy which led and fought for the creation of pakistan vis a vis now bangladesh. Jamat in pakistan-era Bangladesh represented the Muslim League of the Raj era. The history of AL is the workers pary - Swarardy ultra-muslim party. So CiscoGuy who is it that you are hating?

Now you can point at Jamat's complicity at 1971. Yet no charges have ever been bought, why not? If they are so anti-BD why has both AL and BNP sought and formed alliance with them. Looking at it in another way after the liberation of BD, what would have been the the quickest way for Mujib to consolidate power - simple effective and tried/tested solution of creating a common enemy - in this case Jamat, which incidently apart from the commies was the only other political entity in Bangladesh. Mujib is a []and certainly a paid indian agent (as confirmed by hasina) who then proceeded to destroy the nation and its islamic soul - a dictator banning all press,political parties and creating a one party state backed up by his own personal gang of thugs. He was a disgrace and the nation deserved a better leader having paid such a high price for its sovereignity. By the way Cisco-guy until Mujib returned to a liberated BD he never called for a free BD and a break-up of pakistan.

Like it or not history of BD did not begin in 1971, the path to the sovereinty of muslims i.e bengladesh was bought with blood. i wish to know what you mean when you say religious fundamentalism cause misery to Bangladeshi People.............I say it was that same islamic identity and the intrinsic need for freedom that has given birth to Bangladesh. Our war of liberation was never fought on the basis of secularism, that was a spin fabricated by mujib.

Your hatred of Jamat is illogical and baseless. From a personal point of view i would not vote for jamat because of some of their paternalistic policies. However when you call Jamat or pro-muslim parties such as BNP bigots you dishonour the muslims of this land who fought and died first for the creation of pakistan and then Bangladesh. If it were not for them muslims in Bengal would by now have been burned to extintion like those of gujrat.

Edited on, March 15, 2005, 2:48 AM GMT, by pompous.
Reason: You are overstepping your boundaries. Please watch your language in the future. Donot make any reference to anyone's religious affiliation in a denigrating manner in the future, Thank you!