View Single Post
Old April 19, 2012, 08:22 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

I wanted to add one other thing.

Jamie Siddons stayed 4 years and wanted to continue. He and his wife had made a home in Dhaka and their two kids, Stella and Toby were happy growing up there. Like I said, it is really what you can make of it. There are plenty of ex-pat westerners doing the same in Dhaka so having groups of new friends is not difficult.

Grant Luden, trainer, has just signed again for another year, so he will almost be at 4 years himself. If Dhaka was so dreadful I am certain he wouldn't stay.

As someone earlier said we have plenty of problems here in England: the weather, unions, strikes, fuel prices, a recession, house prices, food and living costs and a country that is pretty un-neighbourly. I am sure Bangladeshis find it equally as hard to come here and try to feel at home initially.

The common bond between us all though, is the wonderful game of cricket. We all share a passion for it and we all want to see it thrive. It is that game that brings us all side by side.