View Single Post
Old April 21, 2012, 04:23 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Of course, I feel your train of thought here. In an ideal world where Bd is a top dog, Imrul would be brushed off without any thought given to it. I would like nothing better than an Anamul or Jaharul opening partnership with Tamim to work out. But the fact of matter is, currently Imrul has been a pretty dependable run getter for us. In any two given ODIS, he might flop in one, but will get a steady 40 in another. And that means so much for a team like Bd, to move away from those Al Sharier-Mehrab Hossain days, where it would be competition amongst our batsmen who could get out the fastest, sort of like a ballet of falling wickets.

I think you are dreaming high, which is fantastic. But I'm more cautious on these things. With Imrul I believe our team's chances of crossing the 200 mark increases, giving our bowlers something to work with. Oh, and he's a great slip fielder too. Sure I believe Anamul deserves a crack, but until that time, let's slug it out with Imrul. Who knows, you could be pleasantly surprised.
Without even giving proper chances to Anamul and Jahurul you're drawing conclusions!