View Single Post
Old April 23, 2012, 12:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Sohel bhai, I see that your a really big fan of Fazle Mahmud. I haven't heard much about him for a while. I just want to know why you think he's a good prospect. I was looking forward to seeing him in the BPL but unfortunately he didn't even get picked. Also whose Shoummo? Is that Soumya Sarkar?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
He reminds me of pre-Salahuddin Tamim Iqbal of the 2007 World Cup: aggression coupled with amazing hand-eye coordination. He, alongside Bijauy, Shoummo and Rumman has the ability to sight the ball early and take it to the opposition, though both Bijauy and Shoummo have better temperament and can switch gears with greater ease.

Unfortunately, dead domestic tracks and pathetic domestic bowlers who depend on batting error rather than quality delivery for wickets, create bad habits such as lazy to no footwork, disinterest in rotating the strike, premature commitment of the front foot, using a heavy bottom hand, and premeditated swings. Fazle Rabbi is no exception but I feel he is simply too good a player not to learn. Then again, there's always the possibility he won't hack it at the highest level the way Opi, Rokon, Hannan, Nafis Iqbal, KaEdge, Siddique and Aumi failed deliver at the top of the order.

BPL selection has more to do with whom you know and listen to than actual ability.

I try to write Bangla the way it sounds and avoid nonsensical Anglicization. I also stay away from the "vai" and "voot" khyatfest. Hence "Shoummo", "Bijauy", "Shubhagauto" etc
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)