View Single Post
Old May 8, 2012, 01:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Shakib is the pride and soul of the Bangladesh Cricket Team. His stats are fantastic and he is the rock of the team. He gets the job done. We also cannot forget he is also the worlds best allrounder.

But one thing that is a bit concerning is his laziness in training. Ian Pont mentioned it. Shakib mentioned it himself. Stuart Law mentioned it.

Shakib is what the youngsters in the Bangladesh Cricket Team (e.g. Anamul, Nasir etc.)look up to. So if the youngsters see Shakib being lazy in training then wouldnt it make them feel that hard work isnt required to be in the top level?

We need youngsters to work hard so they can be developed and learn to be the best they can possibly be. So is Shakibs 'laziness' affecting this?
from a role model point of view as to what we want the younger generations to do as cricketers and be professional i can see your concern. i mean lately everyone has been saying that the best player BD has so far produced is lazy in training, we definitely don't want younger players to think it's fine to slack off when it comes to training and fitness and for them to think it's not required.

but i reckon, despite people saying he's lazy and even himself, i reckon he still trains really really hard and still puts in a good amount of hours. he still has to pass fitness tests and still needs to keep up and improve his skills and those things only happen if you train and since he is always improving then obviously he is putting in a good amount of work despite the latest being that he's lazy.