View Single Post
Old May 13, 2012, 12:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Shakib Al Hasan. The best cricketer Bangladesh has ever produced. He is the face of Bangladesh. He is the best allrounder in the world. Sponsors are crazy for him, ladies adore him, men respect him and young cricketers strive to be just like him. Now this great player doesnt train hard. Admitted himself that he is probably the laziest person in the team. Does this ring a bell about another person that said the similar thing? Thats right Aftab Ahmed. He also said that he didnt like training. Being successful is about training hard. But the difference between Shakib and Aftab is that Shakib is much more talented.

This sends out the wrong message to everyone. Work hard, play hard. That should be the motto. Shakib is 24 i think. He should at the peak of his fitness right now. If he doesnt train at this age then what will happen if he is 30?

His laziness also affects team morale. Eating lunch while the whole team is training is pretty dissapointing thing to do. We need to change this. Shakib needs to change thee mainstream Bengali thinking which is to be lazy.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
No Shakib is not that talented .. Shakib started his career with pretty simple skills and technique.. It was his hard work, determination and dedication that took him to the position where he is today..

Yes I agree he can do much more better by working even harder.. But let's just not tag him as a lazy person.. We should remember he is lazy only by his standard.. each person is different and requires different level of training or approach to his work..say for me I never enjoy going to classes as most of the time I find the teachers boring but when I study the same topic by myself or do the research I find it much more interesting and that helps me to do well in the exams.. Same for many people who doesn't even study 2/3 days before the exam., I remember one of my friend used to play before exam but he always topped in his class.. Not that he was super genius it's just he used to study regularly as he don't like to take the tension before the exam.. So different preparation technique works for different people..

At the end it is the result that matters.. Shakib is not bringing out the extraordinary performance into display without proper input.. We don't really have to worry about him being lazy as in reality he is definitely not that lazy... He is doing his job alright., It's just we want him to put that extra bit both for his team and his own betterment..