Thread: Fast Bowling
View Single Post
Old June 6, 2012, 10:19 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I agree that a long-term programme will find and nurture the talent. Is Haryana academy funded by BCCI or state board? I heard that you were in talks with Tommy Miah for a similar academy in Sylhet. It was in the news that Ian Botham will come and open it. What is going on with it?
Working with the HCA is their own initiative. It's a long term plan to ID and produce pace bowlers. Apart from Harshal Patel (who debuted for Royal Challengers Banglaore in the IPL) who is a great prospect, we have Mohit Sharma who is someone that could go on to play for India in the next year or so.

With regard to TMCA, it is disappointing to report that I have heard nothing, or had a response from Tommy, for almost a year. I guess he is doing his own thing and I wish him well though. I know he was trying to get some big names involved for PR and publicity. If it all goes ahead as planned it will be a great facility. Let's hope the local lads can all benefit.