View Single Post
Old June 10, 2012, 10:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
I can't digest that. How come BCB is allowing that? Its not the first time this is happening. Why didn't he come home earlier from Kolkata and take time off from DPL? What was he doing there after the final match while all other overseas players had left? It doesn't matter how big of a superstar you are, national duty should be your first priority. Player like Kevin Petersen had to leave IPL because of national duty, to play against a team like WI. Sure England could win without him. The matches in Zimbabwe might not be official but why does that matter? Those matches are important for our preparation for t20 WC and we shall try our best to win them. I understand Shakib is in a great place in terms of match fitness but what about bonding with the team? What about executing the plans as part of the team under a new coach? He is our key player. I don't care if he wins IPL or DPL, I want to see him giving his best shot to win as many games as possible every time the national team plays.
Because a person can have his own priority and desire. And if he goes after without damaging anyone or the country then nobody can stop him.