View Single Post
Old June 11, 2012, 09:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
He's only cracked nationa limited overs sides. I'd much rather him play 4-day cricket against genuinely good sides away from home, then play bullshit cricket just because its international T20 world cup.
That actually sounds very illogical to me. I would rather allow him to play the practice matches with full focus on T20 and do well in the world cup. That will give him, selectors and fans confidence to gradually try him in ODI and longer version with the national team.

If he looses his focus in T 20 by playing 4 dayers with Indian A team quality (?) bowlers and performs poorly in T20 WC ... Many will shout about his prepared ness for the national team and may be dump him.. To try with another for Odi in next tour.

It's a big test for him to play well in T20 WC and there is enough cricket for him prior to that, but we want to send him to 4 dayers with Indian A team... It's just weird approach to me. if playing Indian A team helps to improve T20 performance, then I think 9 out of our 11 should be sent there then. Overloading a debutant doesn't help.... He is already under pressure adjusting to t20 at this level...why don't we teach him longer version in the next semester?

I know how he will be evaluated if he can't perform well in T20 WC ... Any way, let's see what BCB decides. I'm not in fever of distracting him.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71