View Single Post
Old June 11, 2012, 11:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
They were sitting way too deep. Parle toh pentaly box er vitorei 10 jon boisha thaakto. I know it's effective but it makes viewing as painful as watching rockibul bat.
Arey bhai...it's the best England can do.

Everyone knows what this England team needed was

Carrick and Scholes - Scholesy to play the quarterback role, he is a player Xavi has praised for over a decade yet the England hierarchy forced him to play on the left to accommodate Gerrard and Lampard.

He is at the end of his career now, and can't play 90 minutes on a consistent basis, but he could have easily played 60 minutes a pop, and then been subbed off. As for Carrick, he is by conservative estimates, a million times better than Parker and Gareth Barry, yet was overlooked.

So he finally had enough and said, if there is no chance of me playing, I don't want to be considered, Hodgson decided Carrick wasn't one of the top 4 english midfielders and left him out.

So this is as good as it'll get for England. Contain and then try to hit teams on the counter + set pieces. Having said all that, it should be better against Sweden(who England never seem to beat) and Ukraine. Should be much more attacking.