View Single Post
Old June 18, 2012, 10:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Hashim Amla alongside Michael Clarke, Mahela Jayawardene and Virat Kohli are four of my favorite non Bangladeshi batters, and my love of cricket is sustained by watching them bat whenever and wherever I have the chance. Amla's beard, Clarke's tattoos, Mahela's girliness and Kohli's perpetual sulking have nothing to do with why I like them.

Now, knowing Rifat from his posts in this forum, Hashim Amla's religiosity as well as his batting may have something to do with having the picture as his avatar but what is so wrong with that? So what we're playing against Amla this time around? To each his own as long as it doesn't violate Forum Rules with regards to avatars.

It is interesting that this thread is here and most people voted sensibly -- with even the "Yes" vote having more to do with the voter's curiosity rather than the any desire whatsoever to mitigate another poster's legitimate right -- but I hope we see such a thread for the last time.

@Rifat: I would fight for your right to be different bro, even when that difference is something I vehemently disagree with, as long as it's not hurting anyone or mitigating their right to be different as well.

Peace & GOD bless~
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)