View Single Post
Old June 19, 2012, 11:49 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

We hope to get the broadcasting, but it seems that the interest level among public about BD cricket is so low. Infact, more BDeshis watched the IPL final than the matches of this series

So this shows that most fans in bangladesh are only "SO CALLED" cricket fans. They only cared about the team in the world cup and also in the asia cup...and all these because both tournaments we made some sort of achievement, not necessarily cricketwise. And now when these series happen, it appears that general public dont give a damn about the series and infact, half of them dont even know about the series. This just gets to show the true face of Bangladesh fans, they only care about the team when they are involved in something big, Otherwise, they seems to have absolutely no interest in the team.

These so call fans only try to show how much they really care about big matches, as if they really respect the players and the team. but in reality, I dont think half of them can be considered as fans because if youre really a fan of the team youll always support your team whenever they are playing, whomever they are playing. well, this is the weird attitude of all BDeshis actually. When it comes to FIFA WC all of a sudden many BDeshis become crazy fans of Brazil and Argentina, and infact, I doubt that these short-term fans wont be able to name 1/3 of the players in the team they support, leave alone which position they play in or which football club they play for.

Here in BC there is still a great level of interest because everyone here are big fans of the team and following the team for a long time, so its a completely different thing. Most BCites knows all important facts about our players.
If my thinking is wrong, Id ask any of you to go and ask this question to your BDeshi friends: "Who is the first BDeshi to score a double hundred in Test"...we all know the answer dont we?

Anyways, this is my POV. It might vary from fans to fans. Im talking about the level of interest in my surrounding, as in Chittagong..English medium schools and all