View Single Post
Old June 25, 2012, 02:06 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
It's not really the loss to Italy.. but the manner in which they ran away from Italy the whole match that seemed really ugly to me. I mean Italy in their current state is not that much of an intimidating team is it? If England had won the tie breaker here.. what would they have done against Germany... penalty box er thekei toh oder ber kora jaitona...
England have 2-3 players with any real quality. That's it, the rest treat the ball like a grenade - 'get it away from me ASAP'

Also, something that most overlook, John Terry is a huge negative for England(most would disagree after his performances this tournament, right?) WRONG. His lack of speed means, England have to play deep at the back, and that forces the midfield to compress and come back...thus opening up a huge gap with the forwards.

That is a negative two ways - 1st, when in attack, it makes England completely disjointed, second, when the opposition has the ball, it gives them acres of space to exploit(see how much time Pirol had last night - it was like he was strolling around the park).

All the good teams play with a high back line, Spain/Germany etc...Chelsea tried to play a high line with Terry this season(Villas Boas) but the results were disastrous, the manager fired as a reuslt, and Chelsea looked terrible defensively, they then went back to playing the old way towards the latter third of the season, and well the results speak for themselves.

You will see a much better England at the next world cup.

Welbeck - will learn from this experience, and he is a technically proficient player
Wilshere - injured, so missed the entire season, but he bossed the Barca midfielder as a mere teenager. Plays like a player from the continent
Cleverley - bit injury prone, but another player, who is wonderful at one touch football
Oxlade - Chamberlain - only 18, but again, good technical skills
Smalling - next great england defender