View Single Post
Old June 27, 2012, 03:19 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I have spent enough time and enough connected to Afg to challenge that documentary if that says so.

Can you please put up that documentary? I can tell you where that was shot and what's true and what has been acted to show.... Jalalabad is the neighboring province of Peshawar, which is basically an area, you can't say who is an Afghan and who is a Pakistani... And if a documentary is based on JB .. Picture may look 180 opposite to the rest of the country, due to the presence of Pakistanis...Yet you won't see cricket being played that much even close to any small district town of BD.

I was watching some of these world cup qualifiers in Kabul with Afghans, I had to explain the game to all of them several times and they were feeling that they have become almost world champ, I had to explain what these qualifiers were for. I asked them, ok now seriously can you tell me who is an afghan and who is a Pakistani in this team? they just went through the names and gave me the Afghans... They were laughing, but they were enjoying that Afg is playing and beating the European countries... They even don't know cricket rankings... They are more happy beating Holland than beating BD/zimbabwe..or beating USA than beating Srilanka.... Such is the situation at this moment. It's not a minority I'm talking about, I'm talking about a massive majority. Well they might defy the conventional wisdom of development formulas... But that's what is the reallity... Ideally, I don't think this game has a long term future in Afg.
What you referee to is People on both side of a line that we do not accept it, it was put by the British to divide Afghans (Pathans). We cross it as we wish, we are families, and don't give a damn for Pakistan.

You can't really call a pathan a pakistani. a pakistani is apunjabi a sindhi not a pathan. Why do you think we've this bad relation with Pakistan? We were the only country in UN to vote against creation of Pakistan. The land, the people are ours, the contract on the durnad-line with the British finished when British india fell apart.

Besides, cricket is popular among Pathans, that's why many don't know about cricket in Kabul. But it's spreading fast

Here is the doc.. you want to watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKdpyPpX2_U
you can find it online

Also every single of our players from U-16 till senior team are Afghans, and they are Afghans from inside Afghanistan not the Pakistan occupied part. I'm Cousin to the former captain Raees Ahmadzai. We belong to the Logar province, a small neighbouring province to Kabul, most of the players, both youth and senior are from our province. Then Khost, which is a neighbouring Province to us also has quite a few players in the national team. It's the place where most of the Zadran and Mangal tribe lives followed by Jalalabad which is the capital of Nangrahar province.

So which of our players do you want to know about?