View Single Post
Old July 5, 2012, 06:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
I don't observe the night but have no problem, none whatsoever with those who do. Love the special food but often find myself wondering would the food still be considered special if we had it regularly?

Anyway, I used to make do with store bought Sopapillas, Carne Asada, and Turkish, Persian and Lebanese sweets when too lazy to cook my own while living abroad.
I have immensely fond memories from 24 years ago. It was never the same once we moved to UK. Up to the age of 12 it was ingrained it me that the night was of fun and piety combined. I loved the fireworks and candles all along our veranda. Only once did I manage the 100 rakat but it filled me with an immense sense of achievement. I believe that the day after used to be a school holiday so we were allowed to stay up as late as we wanted to and more to the point, my sister and I were allowed to pray in my parent's bedroom.

When my father reminisces about those nights what he remembers most fondly are the fireworks and candles in the veranda. Those were the days!

To those who observe, peace. To those who don't, peace. To those who scorn the observation, peace.