View Single Post
Old July 16, 2012, 02:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
@Saber bhai, great to see you like my idea.
The parameters of a Champions league could be as follows:
1) Make the call between franchise based (ala IPL) or as the apex of the Region based 1st class competitions each country runs (ala Ranji, NCL).
2) Promotion/relegation every year or every 2 years (1st class sides need time to mature)
3) Level of foreign player participation. More = glamor but also dilutes "feeder" value to National teams
4) If franchise model, would foreign ownership be allowed? I can see an SRK being very interested in buying THE BD franchise as a natural extension of KRR = team for all Bangla speakers mantra.

@Zunaid bhai, I believe you are referring to the Fazal syndrom when you say: Isn't the High Performance team supposed to a bridge for that?
Thats one of the best ideas I've heard. But is there big money behind it? Hard to get BCCI involved unless they can make a killing. Also not sure how excited BCCI and PCB would be with a "Bangladeshi" idea. But this is definitely a proposal worth working for. At present all the subcontinent teams suck at Test cricket so we should have a common interest to develop our FC player base.
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.