View Single Post
Old July 23, 2012, 09:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

yes steyn has an astonishing strike rate, for so many matches and he's closing in on 300 tests wickets, but he is still in the middle of his career, great atm, wonder what it will be by the end of his career. i remember when it was still under 40, it's not far off but it's slowly going upwards and if he is like most fast bowlers they drop pace in the last few years which for a lot of them makes them a little bit less dangerous (though still great bowlers).

i also rate waqar better than wasim, waqar also has an incredible strike rate and his in swingers were incredible, he also had blistering pace. i watched both waqar and wasim and definitely put waqar ahead of wasim. i haven't personally done much research on wasim, but from what i've heard people have said he was effective later in an innings with the ball reversing but not nearly as effective early on in an innings. my opinion on wasim has been mainly from basic stats and what i have seen.

waqar imo, is the most destructive fast bowler of all time. i wouldn't call any other fast bowler "destructive". a few of them can dismantle an opposition, scare them and take bags of wickets, but i wouldn't necessarily describe them as destructive, yet when i think of waqar that's the first word that pops into my head.