View Single Post
Old August 30, 2012, 02:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Why does performing well in Asia Cup suddely mean we will be a good T20 side? They are different formats and the only reason we have got close to beating Pakistan twice in 2 matches is beacuse their batting attack is pathetic at the moment [when was the last time they scored 300 in an ODI?] but their bowling attack is managing to save their backside.

With Ajmal, Afridi, Hafeez, Gul, Tanvir -- Pakistan has one of the best if not the best bowling side in the tournament and I don't see uc chasing anything more than 130-140 against them. Then again. like it was mentioned before, its a T20 and any player can change the face of the game. Also Pakistan perhaps the best record in all T20 world cups. Wont be easy to beat them.

New Zealand have got key players who are coming in to some sort of form. Oram has been very impressive in SLPL. But again they are a bit weak in spin but how much will that matter in a T20, I really have no idea.

I would love to see who partners with Tamim up the order. If Ashraful does and bats at a strike rate of 90-100 then we are going to have a difficult time out there. We should be targetting 150-160+ scores regularly and be flexible with the batting line up.