View Single Post
Old September 4, 2012, 01:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Being a Chatgaiya myself, I've certainly got a lot to share about Chittagong. Really, all those memories are truly second to none - they're all awesome in their own ways!

Here are a few places you MUST see in Chittagong.

- Foy's lake - quite a historic location...with this dam that was built a long long time ago. Do some research on this before you actually visit.
- Naval base - not open to public unless you're entering with an officer; but they have one of the nicest beache sin Chittagong...
- Cantonment area - not open to public unless you're entering with an officer; again, beautiful place and the drive inside is just awesome. It's great to get those salutes from the army guys who think you're an officer if u're going on a defense SUV!
- Newly built EPZ, can't recall its name; went there when it was in its last phase, and it's just breathtaking; took the whole family on picnic, found this checkpost with a really nice shade where we had lunch...and the lake all around there was used for washing our places...the whole family enjoyed; went in on a navy suv, so we could get in without a hitch.
- Chittagong university; one of the most beautiful university campuses you will see
- Potenga beach; this place has gone down over the years, but is still worth a visit; there's a strip in that area full of jhupris that sell fried lobsters...must try those! Best time to visit potenga is towards dusk hours...when it's dark, you'll see the ships lined up far away coz they can't come closer to land due to shallow water
- There's this church in the heart of Chittagong...forgot it's name, but it will sure amaze you. It's on top of a hill, so you'll also get that panoramic view from there.
- Sunset point - this place within the cantonment area, so it's closed off from general public...and it's AWESOME. You'll need some hookups to get there I believe.

Rangamati is a place just outside of Chittagong that you don't want to miss. It's probably one of the few places where you'll see hills within the lake. Not sure about the safety issues there now...when there are tensions with the rohingas, you wanna avoid this area.

So many more places to go to in Chittagong...just can't name them all. I'm glad that I've had the opportunity to visit almost all of them in my 18 years in BD. Having a mama who works for the navy sure helps.