View Single Post
Old September 7, 2012, 11:07 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams91
you must be a die hard fan of bangladesh cricket, I am a modern age fan (New Era), I have seen the improvements and therefore, I have high expectations. I think you are still in that Era of "We Lose, does not matter Much" (Old Era, Ash & Co). This days fans expectations have changed and therefore you see players perform and the quality improving every year. Also Fans are becoming more educated in cricket.

Old Era Fans: We Lost, Try again Next Time, Inshallah, Inshallah, Inshallah.........
New Era Fans: You Bloody have the quality and Talent, Just work hard and get Victory. (If u give 100% and Lost, Very happy - U Tried)

-- Example Asia Cup Finale, We Lost but with pride, and We Respected our players, The Effort + Hardwork was evident--
Old era fan? Really? That's what you're going with? I'm 21 and I didn't start following cricket seriously until early 2000s. So keep your little speculations to yourself. You don't have to be an "old era fan" to ride with the team for good or bad.

And What you are saying is "old era fans" are less educated about cricket and have less expectorations? Ya that should help your stay here in BC filled with old and less educated life long fans. The "Old era fans" will stick around and not feel embarrassed or ashamed when the team loses. No, not because they have less expectations but because they are true fans.

New era fan . Sounds more like a fair-weather fan.