View Single Post
Old September 12, 2012, 12:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
And he scored a duck on the last innings he played. His last 6 test scores are 7,18,0,28,97, and 0. He now starts hitting every ball as soon as he comes to the crease. I noticed he wants to take advantage of the open field as the opposition has more slips and close fielders early in the innings. He seems very confused.

I had high hopes for him too. But our last test was played so many months ago. Since then he has been in poor form in domestic circuits. The selectors might give SN 1-2 more series and he need to take advantage of them. While he lost his form few other players (Anamul, Mominul) have started to come up. If he doesn't start scoring lots of runs, these players will take his spot.
His Test avg was about a 30 in 2011 with 3 fifties. Not saying that's great but not bad either for our standards. I agree that Anamul and Mominul are breathing down his neck now but they're still very young and we're still not sure how they'll fare. Even if they do well, we still need a sufficient amount of backups if any of our top order batsmen get injured.