View Single Post
Old September 13, 2012, 05:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivfan

Fletcher and Carlos have been in and out of the Windies limited overs teams, the former due to issues of form, and the latter due to injury. I'm not sold on Johnson Charles and Keddy Lesporis, whom I don't think are good enough, but were only selected because they come from the Windward Islands, the home region of the current WICB administration.
I think thats very harsh, Lesporis is a young batsman who has done well for Winwards in the four day competition over the last two years, yes he's not Darren Bravo but he's making his way up in the game and this is what the HPC is there for, to IMPROVE the young players, not everything has to be "political".

Quote:
Dawes are just on the fringes of that strong side. Barclay has made a good start at Trinidad, but Ottley and Cariah are in and out of that side. Cummings, Hope and Warrican are yet to make an impact for Barbados, and the same can be said for Griffith at Guyana.
Dawes just played a full season for CCC alongside Holder and Mcclean and he done ok, i'm not sure he'll be playing for Jamaica again anytime soon, and lastly Cariah is just unlucky that he plays for Trinidad who already have Narine and Kantasingh, if he does well for HPC though i'm sure he'll be fine.