View Single Post
Old September 23, 2012, 04:39 PM
Cricket Sage

I was looking through the classified files wikileaks leaked about Guantanamo Prisoners. I came across 1 Bangladeshi Prisoner's file. I hadn't heard before that Gitmo had a Bangladeshi Prisoner. His name is Mubarak Hussain Bin Abul Hashem. Here is the link to his file (http://wikileaks.org/gitmo/pdf/bg/us9bg-000151dp.pdf)

Quote:
He claims that his parents requested that he retum to Bangladesh and "receive their advice," probably to stay there and get a real job that would allow him the funds to live. Prior to leaving Pakistan, he quit his job at the mosque. He was going to travel to Afghanistan to visit a friend from Fiq-Ul-Islami school who had invited him to Afghanistan to see the shrines of Mohammed's friends in Mazar-e-Sharif. He borrowed the funds from three classmates/friends and in November 200I,Ieft for Afghanistan. (Analyst note: His parents probably contacted him and encouraged detainee to jihad in Afghanistan. This is quite probable since his father has been an Imam in Bangladesh for years and conducting jihad in perceived defense of Islam is mandatory
I was speechless after reading the Analyst's note. So this is how they determined he was linked to 'Jihadist'. By assuming things? His parents probably contacted him? This is quite probable? Are you freaking kidding me, they went by probable and probably?