View Single Post
Old September 30, 2012, 12:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
Before they find 3 captains in the country, they should find 3 world class cricket players in the country.
Before T20 cup, I didn't even know Luke Wright. It seems he's product of a county cricket and a country where people live, eat, breathe cricket. I think something similar was said by Shakib. So before we go searching for world class players we have to create a culture where people can be immersed in it.

• Cricket library
  • Cricket video library
  • Bowling machine for individual practice
  • Players paying for coach from own pockets
  • Swapping roles at net, Tamim as bowler, Shafiul as pinch-hitter. Point is you don't get bored with monotonicity and you are constantly "in" cricket even if you are not doing "your" thing
  • Learning from everyone, asking questions to everyone...
  • Fitness even when not playing cricket...
Easy for me to preach it. But these are really common sense theories that everyone should be doing. Like Jet Li used to say, their trainer made them practice boxing when they were tired from kicking. So they were busy constantly doing one thing or not.

Also, cultural programs where- tangential to OMG's idea- of players teaching orphans or homeless for fun can be undertaken. Or even charity matches.

Immersion is the key.