To be honest live coverage of T20 WC was a masterclass decision. I know 90% of the people are SC people but the remaining 10% are from the US.This way we can get USA to take even the slightest of interest in this sport. Imagine cricket being among the top 15 sports over there, that will still be good.
To make a sport popular its got to be on tv. Thats they first and last way you can spread the game around the world. Why did people in BD start to watch cricket? because cricket matches were shown on tv or aired by the radio, why is tennis popular around the world? because the sport is broadcasted by many channels. Why youths around us follow EPL so closely? they can easily watch it from their TV for low cost.