View Single Post
Old October 8, 2012, 03:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Honestly think, we should go in with Anamul and Mominul.

Test XI:

Tamim
Nazimuddin
Anamul
Mominul
Shakib
Mushfiqur
Mahmudullah/Nasir
Mashrafe
Elias Sunny
Enamul Haque Jr.
Rubel/Nazmul/Shafiul

ODI XI

Tamim
Imrul Kayes
Anamul
Shakib
Nasir
Mushfiqur
Mahmudullah
Mashrafe
Razzak
Sunny
Nazmul/Rubel
riyad and nasir at #7, it's just to low for them, no doubt nasir will do alright there (he'll do ok anywhere), losing faith in riyad. riyad had a great start to his test career but his stats are dropping, the constellation with riyad is that he has a test century but then even junaid has that to his credit. but both would be better up the order if selected.

i know it won't happen but i've been a strong supporter of dhiman having the gloves in test matches, he's the best keeper, he's a reasonable batsman and it means mushy can focus on batting which we really need him to excel in.

just wondering why people don't think anamul should open? is it because he said he wants to be #3? the idea if openers is for them to see out the new ball but we all know that rarely happens for BD and it means #3 is basically an opener anyway so i say have anamul opening which he's done before and been good at in domestics, have mominul at #3 where he's done well at for the A team then have our reliables of nasir and shakib next, mushy has been our best #6 for years so have him at 6 and dhiman should be a decent enough #7 and he adds with the gloves. having a riyad or naeem at #7 doesn't give them much chance with the bat, they don't bowl much and obviously they don't keep wicket so why have them there?

you are right when you say it's the best time to debut anamul and mominul, home conditions, against one fo the weaker teams of the test nations (though to be really honest they're actually getting a lot better in tests these days).