View Single Post
Old October 18, 2012, 10:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
This has damaged our image and that's really bothering me. I know how hard some Bangladeshi families over here work, how much they struggle just to survive. Over the years they have built a reputation of hardworking, peace loving community. This is indeed a huge blow for us. We all have to face the consequences for this man's stupidity..
Yeah agree. But NY is home to more than 50k (my assupmtion is 70k) Bengalis. From colleges like BMCC, La Guardia, and other CUNYs, to Jackson Heigths to Jamaica, Astoria, Parkchester, Ozone Park, Brooklyn, everywhere there is a huge presence of us. Heck, I even think Jackson Heights is home to every single 'shomiti' from every single district and subset too e.g. Dokkhin Comilla, Uttor Komilla etc..

Now, its up to rest of us to continue the good work and contribute to the welfare of the city and society we live in. We all have to act in good will and speak out against this horrible act and at the same time makes sure this never happens again. One thing to note is that this kid is not a New Yorker rather had his brainwash in Dhaka. Can't blame the NY Bengali community for that.